Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins

I don't really follow recipes.  I like to google 4 or 5 different recipes for the same thing and then sort of mix and match and modify to come up with my own creation.  That's how I came up with these delicious muffins.  (I would post a photo, but we ate them too fast for me to get one.) I started with this awesome recipe and made my modifications.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups oats (old fashioned is best)
2 eggs
1 very ripe banana (the riper, the better)
1 cup pumpkin puree (about half a can)
1/2 - 3/4 cup honey (or sweetener of your choice)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp  pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease or spray down a cupcake pan. I really like how they turn out in my stoneware cupcake pan, but I've not tried anything else.  Word on the street is that they will stick to paper liners, so silicone or stoneware greased well is probably your best bet.

The easiest thing to do is throw all of the ingredients (minus the choco chips) into your food processor (I used my Ninja Pulse) and grind it up until it's pretty smooth.  After you've got it smooth, stir in some chocolate chips (or nuts).  Note: The mixture is usually a little too thick to poor into the pan so I scoop it out with an ice cream scoop.

Fill your twelve muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.  And then ENJOY some delicious health fiber-rich and vegetable-laden muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment