Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Mormon Underwear?

A few of my friends and family members have spoken of something called "magic underwear" that is supposedly worn by Governor Mitt Romney and all adult Mormons. "Magic underwear?" I questioned. "That cannot be the correct term." And so, to keep my mind off the stress of this election, I decided to do some research.

It turns out that adult Mormons DO wear special underwear that has been given to them at their "temple endowment." This undergarment has a top and bottom and reaches to just above the knee for both men and women It must be worn at all times "other than swimming, using the restroom, or being intimate with one's spouse." And it basically reminds them of their promise to God and that they are in the world but not of the world. More info at http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/mormon/underwear/

Even before I'd done my quick google search, I was pretty certain I didn't approve of the term "magic underwear." That would be like someone calling the Blessed Sacrament a "magic wafer," and that is incredibly disrespectful.

But while I do not approve of the term "magic underwear," I whole-heartedly approve of wearing it!!! What a great way to preserve modesty in a society that is convinced that the more skin you show=the more beautiful you are. I think everyone should get a pair of Mormon underwear and learn to dress like ladies and gentlemen again. YEAY for Mormon undergarments!

No comments:

Post a Comment