Friday, August 19, 2016

I'm Baaaaaaaack... Maybe

You guys! Three of my five kiddos are now in school ALL DAY LONG! What??? When did that happen?! My house is absurdly quiet, especially when the threenager and the baby are asleep. So, maybe, just maybe, I can return to my love of writing and revive this little corner of the interwebs.

So for my first post, I offer you CRAZY-CATHOLIC-CORNER tip of the week!!

The CCC tip of the week is "Get thyself some Holy Water!"

Call me crazy, but I think we spend so much time worried about the silly surface stuff in our life, that we often forget that we are engaged in spiritual warfare at all times. No one wants to talk about it. No one wants to think about it. And I think that's just what the evil one wants. And I think that's part of what is making our world as bizarre as it is these days. Politics are like a circus. Marriages are ending left and right. Gun violence all over the place. I could go on and on.

So my advice is to get yourself some Holy Water and bless the Hell out of the world around you.

Feeling anxious?   Splash some Holy Water around the room and say a quick prayer.
Kids driving you bonkers? Sprinkle the crazy out of them (and probably yourself too).
In a fight with your spouse? Bless your marital bed!

When a friend first told me to do this, I pretty much decided she was nuts. But I can now attest that it works wonder and keeps much more peace in our home. And how the family goes... so goes the society. Right?

I often wonder if the Pope or a Bishop could say a prayer during a big rain storm and bless all the water coming out of the sky so we could just sprinkle the whole state? That'd be pretty awesome.

More on the history of holy water here.

No comments:

Post a Comment