Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I still like him.

After a rather rocky Monday in our household, I was excited to find out that the husband took the initiative to find a sitter, set a plan, and schedule a date night for us last night. We only went out to dinner, but seriously people, when you have FIVE children, dinner without anyone to manage is like a Tahiti vacation (if you're into Tahitian vacations that is.)

I have a few reflections to share on said date.

Firstly, I actually, truthfully, and amazingly really enjoy my husband. I have the best time just hanging out with him. And maybe it's sad, but sometimes it takes a little time away from our kidlums for me to remember that. He's this wonderfully delightful human being. Crazy weird. I mean CRAZY weird. But hilarious and cool. And I'm glad I married him.

Secondly, we spend a lot of our date nights talking about the aforementioned kidlums. And can I just say that parenting is pretty much the most difficult thing ever in the history of the world? I mean, you're given this little human - basically a blank slate except for whatever genes you've passed along - and you have to turn it into a functioning, thriving, and God-loving adult. Holy Moly! That is a really GIGANTIC responsibility. I have a hard enough time figuring out how I'm going to navigate my own way to heaven, and Andrew and I are supposed to help 5 new people figure that out? Intimidating to say the least. And it will only happen by the Grace of God. God, help us. Please.

Thirdly, we had dinner at HuHot last night. And if you have not gone, I do recommend you go. It's delicious.

That's all I've got for today, folks. But if anyone has fun blog post topic suggestions, I am happy to receive writing prompts.


No comments:

Post a Comment