Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Loading... 75% complete...

I saw an awesome pregnancy shirt the other day that had a picture on it like you would see on a computer that was loading a program.  Totally made me smile.  I haven't really posted much on this pregnancy so far, so I thought it was about time for a quick update.  (I actually go back to all of my old posts on my previous blog about the other kiddo's pregnancies just to see how I was feeling/looking/doing at this point in pregnancy... and I get super bummed when I didn't post anything.)

Baby and I have reached Week 30.  Definitely into the third trimester.  And overall feeling really really good.  Thus far pregnancy #4 has been the easiest of all of them (minus the INSANE nausea I had first trimester.)   But I only had to deal with one puke-fest, so that was pretty awesome.  But I have a feeling that things will begin to get a little dicier as the third trimester goes on.  Since Will came at 33 weeks, my uterus is about to hit the size that it was when they did his c-section.  Research tells me that I'll probably start feeling pulling pains and aching around my incision site as the scar tissue stretches and the adhesions break up.  This will likely COMPLETELY freak me out, so if you've got some extra prayers to send my way over the next month, I'd be greatly appreciative!

I've got a new OB this time around and he's pretty much AMAZING.  He seems to have much less of a "god-complex" than the other OB's I've met with and that makes me happy.  He's also against doing the gestational diabetes test unless necessary which seriously rocks because who wants to drink that nasty sugar grossness that they make you drink?  He seems really willing to listen to my desires for this baby and how it comes into this world, and yet he still will give me the down-low of how he thinks things will go.

I've also, for the first time EVER, hired a doula to help Andrew and I this time around.  She's delivered over 300 babies and has 8 kiddos of her own.  She's uber faith-filled and really neat and I have a feeling she will be an asset to us as we approach our due date.  She's a great resource for me between appointments and she's worked with my OB many times which makes me happy.

This is also the first pregnancy that I've been working out at least 1-3 times a week the WHOLE time.  The girls at Curves marvel at how much bigger my belly is every week, and my working out always spawns great discussions about kids and birthing and the like which makes my work out go by super fast.  I don't know how long I'll continue the workouts, but I can pretty much tailor my workout to how I'm feeling on any particular day, so I'm going to try to keep it up as long as possible.

The biggest issue Andrew and I are having this time around is naming this kiddo.  Andrew doesn't come up with names (I guess that's my job), but he tends to respond with "I don't hate it."  I've gotten frustrated on more than one occasion and decided U4 just won't get named, but then I always have some new fun name pop in my head.  Which I share with Andrew.  To which he responds, "I don't hate it."  GAH!  Oh well... in theory, we've got a couple months left, so maybe he'll more than not hate something I come up with soon.

Hmmm... I guess that's about all.  I can't believe how big my belly is getting and I frequently ask Andrew, "Are you sure I get a LOT bigger than this?" to which he responds, "Oh yea... you get WAAAAAY bigger than that!!"  Yipes... Seriously?

(FYI, I actually wrote this post about 2.5 weeks ago, but it's taken a while to post it... So I'm actually even closer to U4's arrival!!)

2 comments:

  1. After all of the drama with Will, I've been wondering how this pregnancy is going. I'm so glad it is going well! Good luck with the remaining weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have been wondering = I miss all those updates you had with the other kiddos. Does the doula do hospital births with your OB? I actually considered doing a midwife or a doula (because at the time we were living in Iowa and they were affiliated with the hospital and many OBs there). I hope things will be drama free!

    I think you should just pick two names (boy and girl) that you love and if Andrew doesn't hate them, just go with that. :-)

    ReplyDelete