Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hugs in Heaven

So I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not keeping at this new blog. That was, after all, my main motivation for creating a new one--so that I'd actually write on it. Oh well... So it goes.

Things in our house have been pretty run-of-the-mill as of late. We hosted our first Faspa a few Sundays ago, and it was super duper fun. I baked Zwieback rolls fom scratch (did you all know that I can cook?)! I mean it took me by surprise, but I can bake and cook and create dishes like crazy... And I really enjoy it! I suppose I should have realized this long ago because I grew up with a momma who could bake with the best of them. But I never had enough electives in high school to take home ec so I just figured I couldn't be a kitchen wiz.

Speaking of wizzing in the kitchen, we are finally making the push to potty-train Vincey. He's two and a half, and Andrew and I are totally getting sick of changing two sets of diapers, so we're hoping he gets it down soon. I'm still not clear on whether we're to teach him to stand up or sit down, because he's so short that both ways seem a bit inconvenient...

On a totally different topic, we went a big party at my SNL's farm over Memorial Day, and I'm relatively certain that childbirth has taken away my party gene. It was a very strange experience for me because I could totally tell that it was a fun party, but somehow it wasn't fun to me. Part of it probably had to do without the fact that I was afraid one of my kids was going to get run over by a car... Or a cow... Or a tractor... whilst they were running about the farm. I think the next time we hit a C&J party, we'll plan on being kidless and see if I get my gene back. How did Stella get her groove back? (okay, admittedly I've never seen that movie and really have no idea what it is about... So I apologize if that made no sense)

Hmmm.. I would say that was a fairly stream of consciousness blog, so I'm gonna call it quits... But I leave you with this:

In Church today I was pondering how AWESOME it would be to give Jesus a hug and tell him "Thank you". And though I'm fairly terrified of dying still... I think that I most look forward to that. A big squishy hug from the Lord. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment